- We started a new series this week on parenting called "Four Questions Every Kid Needs Answered." These are vital questions our kids won't ask us out loud but they need us to answer.
- I hear from so many parents at North Terrace who want to be great parents/pastors of their kids but struggle to do the right thing. Janie and I are battling right along side of them. Praying this series will be a breakthrough for many and will start many healthy steps of action in our homes.
- Today's message was on the question, "What are the Boundaries?"
- What challenged me the most in this message was that I need to model the behavior I want to see in my boys...like NOT talking trash on to an eight year old on the baseball diamond. Not my finest moment.
- Zac Owens introduced a song by All Sons and Daughters called "Christ Be All Around Me" and its stuck with me in a good way.
- Another NFL season is upon us and nothing has changed. My Colts still can't stop the run, the Pats can't stop cheating and I can't stop watching the Red Zone Channel.
- My Fantasy Football team started off painfully slow but the league I am in is going to be a lot of fun.
- One thing I love about living in Zanesville is the strong sense of community. I was reminded of that when we attended the Hittle Farm CSA "Dinner on the Farm" and were treated to a hog roast and amazing sides. The boys immediately found a bunch of their friends and played on the bounce house and fed corn stalks to cows. Oh, and there was a S'mores Bar.
- Zanesville is definitely a great place to raise up our boys and grow as parents.
#MMOC is a weekly blog recapping the action that occurred in my life as the Lead Minister at North Terrace Church in Zanesville, OH. Feel free to comment and if you live in the Zanesville area we invite you to be part of the epic story God is writing through NT.